Dritz Double-Cap Rivets are used to secure multiple layers of a material together and as a decorative accent on handmade projects and accessories. The Double-Cap provides a finished appearance on the front and back side of your project.
Instructions: Test a rivet on scrap of material being used to check that application
will be suitable for intended use.
1. Mark position of rivet on top and bottom side of material layers.
2. Working on a very firm, protected work surface, position tip of hole punch
on marked position and hammer with rubber mallet. Continue hammering until hole
is punched through all layers. Note: Use an awl for materials that are difficult
to cut with hole punch tool. Hole should only be large enough for the rivet post
to pass through.
3. Insert post of rivet into hole from right to wrong side of fabric.
4. Place cap over rivet post and snap into place. Cap will be loose.
5. Position rivet on concave side of anvil; place concave end of setting tool
6. Holding setting tool straight and firmly at the base, gently hammer the two
You can find this product in these various stores. Please note, we are unable to check product availability in stores, so please call or check the store's website before attempting to purchase.
Find Your Nearest Store